Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

DAVID BOWIE II

heres a letter i wrote for English...

Love Letter.

Dear David Bowie:
I absolutely love you, I adore your work and talent. I remember when you first started your career as an actor and you starred in “The Image’” and “The Virgin Solders” , it absolutely moved me. You are a magical cat that moved my heart. Every time I see your picture my heart begins to pound as fast as a light and I feel faint. I remember when you released your second album ,”David Bowie” and your voice in “Space Oddity” sounded as smooth as silk. You also have the most beautiful eyes, one larger than the other, one green, one blue. It looks as though you are gazing right into my very soul. One of my favorite memories I had with you is October 6, 1974, I saw you in concert and when you looked in my general direction, my heart stopped and I got a cold sweat. Your record “Diamond Dogs” really spoke to me, I listened to it until the needle on my record player burned out. When you became Ziggy Stardust and I saw your hair, your shiny red hair, it was as gorgeous as the moon. My favorite song well, my favorite piece of art, that you did was you cover of Pink Floyd’s “See Emily Play””, it nearly brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful. I didn’t know it was possible to be as Psychedelic and brilliant as that cover, in fact, the whole album “Pin Ups” is genius especially “I Can’t Explain” by the Who, and “Here Comes The Night” by Them. Speaking of Pink Floyd, your live performances with David Gilmour and sing comfortably numb, its like the world would come rolling to a stop. David, I can’t think of anything to say except, I think you’re marvelous. You have a smile that’s brighter than the sun. I love your “screwed up eyes and screw down hair dew”. David, you’ve become my life, every morning I listen to “Life on Mars” and I always end the day with my favorite movie “The Labyrinth” . Your live performance “Serous Moonlight” is the most beautiful performance ever, when you sing “Modern Love”, it makes everything… better, it makes me forget about all my troubles, the essay I have to turn in the next day, the fact that I forgot to turn the stove off, it makes everything bad go away. You are so brilliant that you could make even a belch sound like music, there is no one that can match your brilliance. David, you great spaceman I love you, shine on you crazy diamond.

Love:
Jason W.

No comments:

Post a Comment